Jun 21, 2008

Pow Wow

Went to a pow wow in Eklutna today with Cindy, Debbie, Nat, Tony, and Sydney. It was alright. Wasn't what I expected AT ALL. No one really dancing. Just looked like a huge flea market with native indian things. I bought a few things though. Debbie got me a BEAUTIFUL pair of earrings. I bought these silk scarves to hang on the wall. One is an orca whale and the other is a raven in Tlingit artwork. In Aaron's culture, his family is the Orca, so I would be the raven. I LOVE Tlingit artwork.

Came home and went for sushi, then Aaron talked me into going to the club. I didn't really wanna go, but I know he's been wanting to go for a long time now. We get there and the band was playing some good music, but this one girl was getting on my nerves. It's one of Aaron's friends, but she's single and is looking for a boyfriend. She's been looking to hard for a long time. She wants to date Aaron. She asked me if we were together, and I told her yes, that I'm carrying his child, but that didn't stop her from trying to rub herself on him. Everytime I walked away to get a bottle of water, she would run up to him. I just kept my mouth shut. Aaron didn't show any interest in her that I saw. We ended up giving her a ride home coz she said her friends ditched her. Funny thing was, I saw them when I went to get my coat outta coat check. She saw them too, but then took off again. It's whatever. I'm not trying to upset myself over stupid stuff right now. I don't need the stress. If Aaron doesn't wanna be with me, then I can't force him. Not like the old days when people got married because they had to when the woman became pregnant outta wedlock.

It's weird coz I see myself wanting to be with Aaron forever. He makes me happy. Sometimes he says things to irritate me, but who doesn't have that in a relationship? I know that I'm not the one he wants to be with though. I'm not pretty enough I don't think. I don't know. Maybe the baby will change his feelings. Maybe he'll want to be a family with me. We'll see when we cross that road....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com