Mar 27, 2009

Kicking the habit

Yes folks, I'm serious.
I'm going to quit smoking.

I've tried quitting cold turkey before, but my willpower sucks! I will be using the patch. I called the Alaska Tobacco Quit line last week and they are sending me 2 weeks of patches for free so I can see how I'll react with them. They also sent me some literature that is pretty cool. Gives me different ideas on what to do with my time.
I think the hardest thing is going to be at work during my breaks. I used to look forward to my breaks so I could smoke a cigarette or two. I'm going to have to think about what to do during those times.

So my quit date is April 2nd.
I thought it would be easier on me to quit on the start of 2 days off from work. Since I never get 2 days off in a row, I jumped at the opportunity.

I'm glad I'll be saving money. Cigarettes here in Alaska jumped to $9 a pack! Some places are almost $10.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com