Aug 31, 2009

Give me strength!

Bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.
Luke 6:28 (NIV)

I've been repeating this piece of scripture in my head for the past 2 weeks now.
If you've been following me on here and on Twitter, you'll know that I've been complaining about my job a lot.

As some people have stopped by and said, I should be thankful to have a job and anyone would love to trade places with me, I still feel that I have the right to bitch a bit.

I'm being extremely mistreated at work. Management has completely shoved me in a hole and refuses to help me when I request their assistance.
I work in retail, and certain customers have a stick up their butt on certain days and think it's my fault, or that I personally peed in their Wheaties.
They ask to talk to management, so I politely go over to our walkie and page a member to come to my department.

28 minutes later, still no member of management.
Which makes customer even more irate, in turn takes it out on me while helping another irate customer.

I then page again for management in which I get this response:
Mgr: What do you want?
Me: I need you for customer assistance please.
Mgr: I'm busy right now.
Me: Well this customer would really like to speak with you.
Mgr: Handle it yourself. That's why we placed you out there.

Now mind you, I'm no where near a management position. I'm almost at the bottom of the food chain at work.

There's 12 managers each shift. Not one will ever come and help me.
We've had an elusive employee that was paired with me in the department that I work. He hasn't been to work in almost 3 weeks. That means I've been back there by myself from 2:30pm till 11pm or whenever I get off because they never send a replacement.

Floor manager refuses to send anyone to help me which means I have to do EVERYTHING by myself.
I get swamped which makes customers even more irate and in turn makes them cuss me out, throw money at me, toss items at me, and belittle me the whole time I'm helping them.

It's just completely wearing me down.
I want to quit my job so bad, but Hubs isn't working yet and with this economy, I doubt I could find a job fast enough to not lose any money.

I just keep repeating this scripture in my head and it gets me through the day.
I pray every night and many times during the day for something to change at work.
I know God has a plan and things will work out in their own time, but I just wish He'd give me a break!

I feel better after ranting a bit.

P.S. Can you freaking believe it's September 1st today?? Where has the summer gone?????


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com