Nov 9, 2009

Back on the horse

I know I haven't talked about this much lately, but I think I'm ready.

Hubs and I are seriously trying to have another baby after losing Katelynn in October last year.
We've been trying for a few months now, but haven't been serious about it.

I was diagnosed with PCOS and thought I would never get pregnant until last April when I found out I was.
After almost a year of trying, I've become very frustrated.

I saw a doctor after my miscarriage and she put me on Metformin to help regulate my hormones so I could possibly get pregnant in the future when I was ready, but I couldn't take it longer than a month. It made me so sick!
I was pukey, had huge migraines, bowel movements were horrible, and I wished for death every day while taking Metformin.
I finally stopped taking it. I just couldn't handle it anymore.

I even got more active to try and balance out my hormones....still no luck.

After talking to a few people and doing LOTS of research, I've decided to take a more natural path because I physically cannot do Metformin. Doctor said if I can't do Metformin, I'm going to feel worse on Clomid or any other fertility drug.

My brother-in-law's fiance is also suffering from PCOS and hasn't been able to conceive so she's going the natural way too. She's the one that mentioned we try this pill, so we went to the Natural Pantry store in Anchorage and bought a bottle for each of us. I'm glad I have someone to go through this with!
We've been taking the pill for 3 days now.
I don't feel any different, but it does say it takes 3 months to kick in and such.

Now I know the natural/herb route is a pretty much hit or miss, but we're willing to try anything. I just don't want to ever feel like I did again while taking Metformin.

So wish me luck!
I'm popping my pill and heading to bed.

Happy Tuesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com