Dec 11, 2009

Update after seeing Orthopedic Surgeon

I got to go into Anchorage's Fracture and Orthopedic office today at Providence Hospital and let me tell ya...it's nice looking!!

I got to see a surgeon by the name of Dr. Shumacher and he was really nice.
He looked over my x-rays and assured me that nothing was dislocated or broken which is a good sign, but he wasn't too sure about the internal damage.

He tried moving my shoulder, but it just hurt too bad.
He said it could be one of three things:
  1. Torn cartilage around the shoulder joint
  2. Pulled muscle
  3. Torn muscle
He said he'd rather it be the second choice because that means I would only need physical therapy to get it moving and stuff, but if it's either 1 or 3, then I would need surgery.
I don't want surgery!!

So the next step is going for an MRI on Wednesday, so I have to go all weekend in pain still.
They are going to have to inject some dye into my shoulder joint then I'm going to have to sit in an MRI machine for 25-45 minutes. It sucks!! They are so noisy and not fun to lay in.
Then I'm on standby for another appointment hopefully before Christmas Eve because that's the only available appointment he has so I'm hoping someone cancels so I get called in earlier.
I'm going to be out of work for at least 3 weeks. Which sucks. Hopefully I can get paid through workman's comp, but I don't know. I'll have to ask my employers on Monday.

So I just have to sit in pain popping my Vicoden pills and boozing it up!
Just kidding on the boozing it up part...for now.

But here's some pics of my sexy shoulder!


 
 
 


Now that's one sexy shoulder yo!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com