Feb 25, 2010

Elevator Etiquitte

As most of you know, I work in a hospital.
I get called to all areas of the hospital so I'm running around ALL. THE. TIME.
We transport a lot of patients to testing, from recovery to their rooms, ER to rooms if admitted, etc.

It pisses me off the most when people are riding in an elevator farting around when the elevator stops on the floor for me to transport a patient.
They see that I'm pushing a bed with 3 IV poles with a patient that looks critical and they just stare at me and say, "Sorry, no room" then stand there waiting for the doors to close.

That's when a bomb goes off in my head wanting to scream and tell them to get their @$!?@ ?!$&@@& off the elevator so I can rush my patient back to where they need to go.

So if you ever find yourself at the hospital in the same situation, GET OF THE ELEVATOR!
A critical patient trumps you going to the cafeteria. You can wait until the next elevator.

Ok, with that said, another thing that irritates me is this...
When you are waiting for an elevator and the elevator doors open up, wait for the people on the elevator to get off before you rush in and knock them in the face.
Common sense.
People just aren't using their brains like they used to.

Ok, that's my rant about people on elevators at a hospital.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com