Apr 1, 2010

April Fools fail

April Fool's has never been one of my fav events and this is why...

As most of you know, I'm not from around these parts.
I didn't celebrate a lot of things that are on the U.S. calendar.
When I moved here, my aunt thought it would be really cool and start learning about things.

It was October 30, 2008 and I was at Aaron's work helping him clean up when I got a phone call from my aunt.
She sounded so serious and asked if I was sitting down.
So I sat down and asked her what was wrong. She told me that my Grampa died.
I was totally devastates. My Grampa and I are really close and I hated being a gagillion miles away from him. It still kills me.

I was sitting there crying and had to hang up. Aaron came up to me and asked me what was wrong and I just broke down even harder. He held me for a ling time.

A week passed by and I was waiting to hear about funeral arrangements. I was a walking zombie. I was at. Laundry mat doing some laundry when I got a text...

"Hey Niknak! Haven't heard from you in awhile. Call me! Love you, Gramps"

I literally dropped my phone and broke down. I was freaking out thinking someone was playing a trick on me.
So I called his number and he answered. I was blown out of my mind!
I was crying and he asked me what was wrong, so I told him what my aunt said. He was pretty pissed, so he called her.
A hour later, my aunt calls me and says she was sorry. I asked her why she did it and she said Happy Fools Day!!

I seriously just blinked. I'm told her it was Halloween, not APRIL Fools. She asked me what the difference was, so I had to explain it. She just laughed. I then told her April Fools was not supposed to be like that. You don't tell people their family members die, then not say April Fools right after.

So that's my April Fools fail.
I freakin' hate April Fools...


- Posted from my iPhone

2 comments:

Trudy said...

That is horrible! This is also why I don't like April Fool's Day, people can just be so cruel. I'm sure part of it was your aunt not really understanding things yet, but still...that's a bit much. And then to not tell you she was joking, you poor thing!

Gaia said...

yup that was bad. No one should do it. And I too have not played an April's joke since I left school. Good grief it's so long ago. Lost my sense of humour too!

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com