Mar 27, 2010

My legs are friggin' killing me!

Work is going to hell...seriously.
As most of you know, I work at a hospital. My official job title is Lift Team. In other words, I deal with every single patient in the hospital by taking them to tests needed while they are admitted, dealing with many patients in the ICU, and helping wherever I'm needed.
Each time a floor needs help, I get paged to their unit. It's not rocket science, and it's not a hard job to do if you're good moving people.

BUT...

It's friggin' hard to do this with little sleep, long hours, and an extrememly shortage of staff.

We are losing people so fast for some reason.
Carrie is moving away so he last day was yesterday and Darcy just had a baby, so she'll be out until the middle o May. Other than that, everyone is quitting on us!

We now only have 4 people working on our Lift Team. There used to be 10 of us. We always had at least 4-5 people on at a time which made it a lot easier. We were able to divide up the pages and get them done in a timely manner. Now we only have 2-3 people all day. Now the work triples for us. We are constantly running around, not being able to take an uninterrupted lunch break, and we have to keep calling units that page us and telling them it's going to be a few minutes before we can get to them.
That usually makes the nurses extremely angry with us...like we can help it!

I ended up working 50 hours this week, almost non-stop.
My legs are killing me!!!

We've been hiring people, but they work one day with us and decide to quit because it's an active job and it's "not what they thought it was going to be like".

What????

That doesn't make any sense!!! I wish my boss would get his head out if his ass and hire people that are reliable and have a good work history.

Now I plan on sitting on my butt all day for the whole weekend.
I'm not even answering my phone!

Have a happy weekend everyone!


- Posted from my iPhone

1 comments:

Trudy said...

Wow...that is a lot of work for you guys. I will keep you in my prayers and hope that God finds the right people soon so you all can get a little bit of relief, or at least a full lunch break!God bless Nikke!

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com