Apr 13, 2010

Adventures in cooking

It's very rare that I cook things that I have never tried before. I'm scares that no one will like it or find out I'm a horrible cook!

I decided to be adventurous and I cooked homemade pizza last Saturday. I was craving pizza, but sick of the local pizza shops in Anchorage.

First batch of dough came out entirely too runny. I tried and tried to fix it and was wondering how cone it was so thin.
Then I remembered...I was using a 1/4 cup to measure out flour and miscalculated the measurement. I tries again and the dough came out perfect!
But it gets worse...
The recipe I was using told me for the size and ingredients, it was going to be 25 minutes at 425 degrees. So I popped it in the oven, set the timer and went about folding laundry and cleaning the house.
I hear the timer go off, so I walked to the oven, opened it, and started to laugh.

This is what came out:



It was shriveled (the crust went to the edge of the pan) and completely burnt. The cheese was rock hard!
My husband came in and laughed so hard.
I dares my sister to try it. She did...



She hasn't thrown up or almost died yet...

Well I was not about to quit! I wanted to make a successful homemade pizza so I was going to make a good one and set my own temp and time.

This is what I made:



I started off small so I could test again.
This is what it came out like:



It was so delicious!
I'll definitely be practicing this recipe until I perfect it!

- Posted from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com