May 14, 2010

My favorite comfort food

I was talking to a co-worker the other day about meatloaf after seeing a bunch of different recipes in a magazine.
I made the comment that meatloaf is a favorite of mine for comfort food. I don't know why, but I absolutely love it when I need some comforting.
Well the co-worker asked me how I made it. She was interested in learning how to cook more so I told her I would write down a recipe for her.

Well after getting home and wondering what to cook for dinner, I decided on meatloaf!
As I was preparing everything, I thought I would take pictures of each step and later show her this post as a reference.

So here is my favorite way to make meatloaf =]
Don't worry, it's nothing fancy.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees

I start off by taking 1.5-2lbs of lean ground beef in a bowl


Then I take a medium size green bell pepper and chop it


I take half an onion. Some people like certain onions. I used a yellow onion because it's all I had in my refrigerator


After cutting the green pepper and onion, I set aside.

I take about 1/3 pack of saltine crackers and put in a ziploc baggie (to reduce the mess) and take the end of my cutting knife and smash into fine pieces


I add 2 eggs


I add the green peppers and onions


I add a packet of meatloaf seasoning (found in the spices aisle at a grocery store) and the crushed crackers


Add half a cup of water


I mix it all together by hand (I wear gloves while I do it because I don't like getting my hands all mushy with raw meat. These just happen to be purple)


Mix it all together really well


Shape onto a pan. I drizzle mine with ketchup. It's totally optional.


And I bake for 1 hour on 375 degrees.

I tried taking a picture of the meatloaf once it was done, but before I could get to it, my husband and brother already hacked into it.

I made mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. It was delish!
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Did you read my post about the American Cancer Society Relay for Life that I'm participating in?
It's not too late to donate! Just click on the image below and it takes you to my web page so I can raise $100 for a great cause! 7 more days to go!!


1 comments:

Gaia said...

hey I just wrote a post on comfort food too, just becos I had this little discussion with my boy.. simply had to share. Bet he'll love your recipe.

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com