May 11, 2010

The Ugly C Word and a great cause!



Most of us have been affected by the ugly C word.
Cancer.
To hear the diagnosis, it sends this gut wrenching feeling in the pit of your stomach and you begin to question everything as well as have unanswered questions.

Is it curable?
Am I going to die?
How bad is it?
Do I need surgery?
If I am going to die, when?
Is it going to hurt?

I've been through all of these questions myself.
I have never had the diagnosis myself, but I have been there with family members and friends when they have received the devastating news.

My Grampa (Prostate Cancer) was diagnosed this year. 

Poppy, my husband's grandfather (Lung Cancer) was diagnosed a few years ago, went into remission, and just found out last month it's back.

Grandma Eva, my husband's grandmother (Breast and Skin Cancer) was diagnosed many years ago and luckily has been in remission for a few years.

Uncle Steve (Throat Cancer) was diagnosed last year, went through chemotherapy and radiation and through much prayer, went into remission 6 months later.

My mother (Breast Cancer) was diagnosed when she was only 36. She went through radiation and the tumor shrank to being nothing. She continues to getting checked every 6 months and for almost 7 years, she's been cancer free.

I've always been very active in the community, raising a lot of money for Breast Cancer and Breast Cancer Awareness. It really hit home with me when my mother was diagnosed. We were all scared. 

That leads me to this years fundraiser.

On May 21, 2010 - May 22, 2010 I will be participating in Anchorage Relay for Life 24 hour walk for cancer.
Money is being raised to support the American Cancer Society.
I don't usually do this online or through a blog, but if you've been keeping up with me on my normal posts, I never have any time to do anything with all the work I'm doing.

My goal is to raise $100.
It's not a lot, but it's a number I think I can commit to.

This is where I need help.
I'm asking for any donations.
Anything will help.

Donating is very simple. 
You just click on the image below (or at the top) and it takes you to my personal page and you can post a donation there.
I know money is tight with everyone, but anything will help.

If you are unable to donate money, just say a simple prayer that we have a great turnout for the Relay walk and we all can make it!

By the way, our team's name is Return of the Togas. 
I wonder if I'll get to wear a toga during the walk.
That would rock!

Thanks for listening to all of this.
I don't normally hit up people online for money.

I still love all of my blogarinos!

9 days and counting!

Click on the image below to be directed to my personal web page and make a donation.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com