Jul 21, 2010

I just don't get it!

I might have mentioned before, but I can't remember. So I'll just mention it again…

About a month ago, we had a co-worker, who I will call Miss Priss. He was really out there!
Some other co-workers, along with myself thought Miss Priss might have been bipolar.
He would come into work really happy and tell us all about his "boys" and whatever he was racing about that day, then a few hours later, he would be stark raving mad!!

He thought it was okay to slack off because Darcy and I never yelled at him.
As a supervisor, I do not believe in screaming and yelling at an employee to get a point across. I simply stay calm and state what it is I need them to learn.
Maybe that makes me a bad supervisor, I'm not quite sure because he's the first I had a problem with.

Anyway, Miss Priss had been working at the hospital for about 3-4 months at this point and he STILL couldn't remember unit extensions which you need to know for our pagers when we are paged to a unit.
So being a nice person, I made him a cheat sheet.
On the sheet, I wrote down all of the extensions we needed to know, the unit the extension went to, and what floor the unit was on. I know!!! So nice.

Well we got paged to ICU…by the extension. I got up to go to the elevator and Miss Priss followed me asking me what unit that paged.
In a nice voice (because I was careful how I spoke to him) I asked him if he had his cheat sheet.
He looked at me with a weird face and tone and said, "Yeah, why?"
I simply stated that he needed to look at the sheet and learn these extensions because he's been here 3-4 months. And instead of asking what the unit was, look at the sheet.

We rode down in the elevator to ICU and punched in the code to get in. As soon as he walked in, in front of the WHOLE unit, he screamed…"OMG YOU'RE SUCH A FUCKING BITCH!"

I called my boss after walking away from him and told him immediately what he said to me.
Well the office called him and he spoke to the human resources lady so disrespectfully, she started to cry and hung up on Miss Priss.

He walked around for a few hours thinking he was hot stuff because he could speak to his bosses disrespectfully.
Well the office called and told him to clock out immediately, that he was fired.

Well guess what?
My boss is BRINGING HIM BACK!
I can't believe it.
I'm so incredibly pissed off that Miss Priss can get away with these actions an still have his job.
Unbelievable!

I'm going to my office first thing Friday morning when they open.
I will not sit back quietly and let this happen.

Am I over-reacting?

1 comments:

Daleen said...

I don't think you're over reacting at all. How can your boss think of bringing him back? Sheesh, I would be so angry. Is he that good at his job?

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com