Sep 20, 2010

Survived my first week!

I survived my first week as a supervisor at work.
I've only had problems with a few of the team members so far. Mainly attitude problems that they had before I went to my weekend shifts.
This one lady, CB, has such an attitude and I don't know why she has it. She refuses to work with certain people on the team and I'm not going to have that. AT.ALL.
We are a team and everyone will work together. I explained that to her and said if she doesn't think she can work as a team member, then let me know and I'll let the boss know and he can put her back into home care.
We are so busy at the hospital and I don't have time for shennanigans.
We will be doing a page, and she starts yelling at the nurse. Wanting to know why she's being slow and if she knows how to do her job. Are you kidding me?!
She will even yell at other co-workers when she thinks they are doing something wrong. She's still pretty new and doesn't know the correct way to do things, so when she's doing something wrong, she gets mad.
And to make things worse, she does it all in front of the patients as we're in route to where they need to go.
It's so embarrassing.
I've talked to her about it numerous times, but my breaking point was on Friday. I simply told her she needed to change her attitude or she was going to be gone. She didn't talk to me for the rest of the shift, and when I left, she talked about me behind my back.
I don't have time to play these petty little games.

Another lady, CV, just doesn't get it! I don't know what her problem is, but she's been with us since last December and she all of a sudden forgot how to do her job. She's not following any of the protocols and regulations and I'm constantly having to re-teach her how to do stuff. I don't know what's going on. I plan on working with her more next week and getting her back on track.

Everyone else that I'm working with is great and some of them read my blog so here's a big shout out to them.

YOU ROCK!!!! And thanks for making the transition great! Pizza on me next Friday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com