Oct 21, 2010

Wardrobe Malfunction


I've only had one wardrobe malfunction in my entire life and it was the MOST mortifying situation I had ever been in.

I was 17 years old and I was at my prom. I went with a bunch of friends and we were hanging out and having a great time.
It was time to pack it all up and go to the prom after party which was at our local YMCA, so my friends and I drove back to my place to change out of our dresses into jeans for the after party.
While we were changing, my friend Nicole and her boyfriend decided to they were going to smoke some pot. I was not thrilled by this at all, but we all packed up in the car and drove to the YMCA.

When we got inside of the YMCA, they had everything to do.
Games, food, small rides, etc. The one thing that everyone wanted to do was to go swimming, so we went to the locker room and changed into our suits.
By this time, Nicole was tripping. She was high as a kite and it wasn't fun. It was her first time smoking with her boyfriend and she was tripping. She thought going into the pool would help sober her up, so we jumped in.
After awhile, she wanted to get out of the pool, but couldn't figure out how to get out of the pool. It was funny, but annoying at the same time. So I got out of the pool and coaxed her to the ladder and I helped her out of the pool.
When I stepped back, I slipped on a puddle of water and then it happened.

I started to fall, but it happened in slow motion. I lost my footing and ended up doing the splits. It happened so slow, the whole Junior and Senior class was looking at me.
When I hit the floor everyone started laughing and pointing at me.
That's when I saw it...

My boobs had come out of my bathing suit.
There I was...crumpled on the floor in the swimming area, with my whole chest exposed.
All the guys took pictures and everyone was laughing.

I ran out of the swimming area and into the locker room. Got dressed and ran out of the YMCA.
I was MORTIFIED!
My friends followed me out and a couple of my guy friends snatched some cameras that were used to take my picture.
I felt a little better when I found out about it, but I just wanted to go home.

The following Monday when I went to school, my picture was hanging up all over the school.
I was mortified all over again.
Teachers and office assistants ran around the whole school tearing down the photos and suspended the boys that hung up the pictures.

Needless to say, I always check my clothes for any possible malfunctions.

This message brought to you by Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop. Check out her blog to see what everyone else is writing about.

3 comments:

Marla said...

OMG! How freakin horrifying! I'd be scarred for life. I blame the pot for this whole ordeal. Damn pot!

Lisa said...

Oh, that's horrible! I'm sorry that happened, kids are cruel :(

Lin said...

Holy cow, that sucks! To be completely honest I was totally laughing until I got to the end. High school is cruel & definitely scarring. BTW...I dont know what type of pot your friend smoked but it must have been something good for her to be that stoned off her a*s.

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com