Nov 11, 2010

30 Days of [Truth] Day Seventeen

Day 17: A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.

I'm not much of a non-fiction book reader.
I did read ONE book in high school to do a report on in history.

Image via

Synopsis:
Night is Elie Wiesel's personal account of the Holocaust as seen through the eyes of a 15-year-old boy. The book describes Wiesel's first encounter with prejudice and details the persecution of a people and the loss of his family. Wiesel's experiences in the death camps of Auschwitz and Buchenwald are detailed; his accounts of starvation and brutality are shattering—a vivid testimony to the consequences of evil. Throughout the book, Wiesel speaks of the struggle to survive, the fight to stay alive while retaining those qualities that make us human. While Wiesel lost his innocence and many of his beliefs, he never lost his sense of compassion nor his inherent sense of right.

I never knew much about racism or hatred. 
I cried the entire time I read this book. 
After reading his account of trying to survive and overcoming it all, my life somehow looked so measly. 
I often read this book over and over. 
I would love to meet him and shake his hand.

1 comments:

Heather said...

Just the cover of this book still moves me, years after reading it.

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com