Nov 3, 2010

Infidelity

The following statistics can be found here.

  • Percentage of marriages that end in divorce in America: 53%
  • Percentage of men who admit to committing infidelity in any relationship they've had: 57%
  • Percentage of women who admit to committing infidelity in any relationship they've had: 54%
  • Percentage of men who say they would have an affair if they knew they would never get caught: 74%
  • Percentage of women who say they would have an affair if they knew they would never get caught: 68%
I find these statistics appalling!

And before you say anything...this post as nothing to do with my marriage with Aaron.
It actually has to do with my sister, J.

My sister J met a guy when she was working on the slopes. She started dating him and they clicked. She never introduced him to me, but my other sister and brother know who he is.
They have all said really good things about him. He allows her to use his truck when he's doing his two week hitch on the pipeline, gives her money when she needs it, takes her out all the time, and shows affection to her.
I went to my sister G's house a few weeks ago and I was expecting to see sister J there. When I noticed she wasn't there, I asked sister G where she was and G said that she was out with her "other boyfriend". I gave her a weird look and she said, "Oh, you didn't know?"
Know what?!?!?
Sister G informed that J was cheating on her boyfriend with another guy.
How could she do this????????????
Maybe that's why she doesn't call me anymore, or come hang out, or even let me meet her boyfriend.
She probably knew I'd find out sooner or later.
One thing she cannot take is disappointment from other people, so she stays away so I won't be disappointed in her.
It just boggles my mind how someone could be so mean.
How can you say you love someone, have an intimate relationship with them, tell them you want to be with them, and in the same time, turn around and have ANOTHER intimate relationship with another man.
It pisses me off to no end. That is one thing that I do not tolerate.
I have no respect for people who can be so selfish and horrible to someone else.

I don't know how to take this.
I want to kick her ass for being so mean to someone she supposedly "loves", but I know that won't solve anything.
I'd talk to her about it, but she refuses to talk about anything that upsets her. She just walks away or hangs up the phone.
It's probably none of my business, but I can't believe my sister would do something like this.
I'd love to message her boyfriend on Facebook after seeing all of the lovey-dovey things he says to her, but it's not my place.
I just hope he opens his eyes and sees my sister for the true person she really is.

2 comments:

Lin said...

Wow, that sucks. I'm not one to normally judge but cheating is just wrong. In the end I hope your sister comes to her senses & picks just one or at least comes clean to the poor dude. I'd hate to be in your situation...hope it doesnt eat you alive sweets.

Lisa said...

I agree, cheating is just unacceptable. I've told my husband that if it ever gets to the point that he wants to cheat, just let me know and I'll sign the papers without a fuss. I'm sorry you've got that weighing on you, it's a crummy situation.

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com