Nov 15, 2010

Monday Movie Review

Netflix is my best friend. I've had movie nights at least 3 times a week because of the ease of having a movie mailed to me!
Makes it a lot easier by far!

This week I watched...

Synopsis:
This action comedy tells the tale of mild-mannered married couple Phil (Steve Carell) and Claire (Tina Fey), who fear their relationship may be falling into a stale rut. During their weekly date night, they impetuously steal a dinner reservation, which leads to a case of mistaken identity. Turns out the reservation was for a pair of thieves, and now a number of unsavory characters want Phil and Claire killed. If they can survive a wacky life-threatening night, they may just rediscover the passion missing from their marriage. Directed by Shawn Levy, the film co-stars Mark Wahlberg, James Franco, and Kristen Wiig.

I am a HUGE Steve Carell fan. I've liked every one of his movies. Evan Almighty, Horton Hears a Who, Dan in Real Life, 40 Year Old Virgin, Despicable Me. He's a funny guy!
I'm also a Tina Fey fan as well. I absolutely loved her on SNL (Saturday Night Live) and Baby Mama. She's such a funny lady!

So it was much to my disappointment that I found neither one of these people funny in this movie. I might have cracked a giggle here and there, but it had to do with someone other than them in the movie.
I just couldn't get into it!
I was really disappointed.
Maybe it was the plot of the movie, maybe it was because they just weren't funny at all.
I rate this movie a D-.

Have you seen Date Night?
Did you like it?
If so, what did you like about the movie?
If you didn't, what made you not like it?

1 comments:

Lin said...

In all honesty it doesnt surprise me that you didnt care for this movie. It's been an On Demand option for a while now but I've had absolutely no desire to see it, even though I'm a huge Steve Carell fan. The commercials for it didnt make it look funny and sometimes two funny people dont always make a funny movie (ex:Blades of Glory) haha.

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com