Dec 16, 2010

Bah Humbug!

I don't know what's wrong with me.
I've always enjoyed Christmas.
I love getting together with the family, the smells, the decorating, celebrating.

I'm just not into it this year.
I don't know what my problem is.
I didn't put up a tree and will not be putting one up, didn't get any stockings bought or hung, and I haven't decorated my house in anything.

I guess part of it is I'm just not into it because I have to work that day and miss all the fun stuff.
Hubs and brother are going to his cousin's house for the Brown Family Christmas.
I will not be going because I have to work 7am to 7pm.
I even have to work Christmas Eve!!!!

Another reason I think has to do with it is because Katelynn was due to be born on December 27th.
Each year I think about it.
She would be two years old this year.
It doesn't get any easier.

Mother-in-law called me and said we're going to have Christmas at her house on Tuesday the 28th since that's my first day off.
She's really bummed that I have to work.
Maybe something will snap and I'll be in the spirit again.
One can be optimistic!

1 comments:

Lisa said...

I feel the same way this year. We got our tree up, but that's it. There aren't even ornaments on it yet, and I asked my husband if we "really had to put them out". I hate how work destroys the holidays :(

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com