Jan 27, 2011

The story of [us]

Today marks the 1st time I ever laid eyes on my husband six years ago.
I used to hang out at my friend's house all the time. I practically lived there.
I would help his parents with odd ball projects around the home, whether it be painting wooden beams for their carport, painting the trim around their house, helping them build their porch, etc.
I would spend the night there on my weekends and my friend and I would watch movies and hang out.

One night we were downstairs watching movies when my friend got a phone call from his cousin. He said we weren't doing anything much and to come over and hang out.
About a half a hour later, Aaron came over my friend introduced us.
I thought he was a really nice guy and we talked for HOURS.
He left and my friend teased me about liking him and blah, blah, blah.

It wasn't until three months later when I saw Aaron again.
He decided to come over to my house because I was throwing a party.
We went the rest of the night ignoring everyone and just talking.
I can't even remember what we were talking about, but I was having a great time.
After that, we saw each other just about every week for the next six months.

When he wasn't at my house, I would drive into Anchorage and visit him at his house.
His mom and dad fell in love with me, and I pretty much had a place in his family.
We continued seeing each other for a few months longer then we fell out of touch.
Life has a way of getting into things. Especially when you live almost a hour away from each other and have a demanding job.
I think four or five months passed, and I was transferred to an Anchorage restaurant to take over the management position there. I was heading out of the store when I got a phone call...it was Aaron.
He asked me what I was doing and I told him I was in Anchorage getting off of work and he invited me over.
He gave me directions to his new apartment, so I headed over there.

Seeing Aaron after four or five months was refreshing.
I didn't realize how much I missed him until we sat in his living room catching up.
We spent the rest of the day and evening together, going out to dinner and still catching up, then I left and drove home.
As soon as I walked into the door, Aaron called me making sure I made it home okay, then asked if I would come out again when I got off work.

After a few months of going back and forth, Aaron asked me if I wanted to move in to his place.
I decided it would be a lot easier on me since I was driving almost 100 miles a day going back and forth to work.
The rest is history...

Living together, saying the first "I Love You", going out on dates, getting pregnant, miscarrying, and the marriage proposal.
It's been a great six years, and looking forward to 100 more.

Our two-year anniversary at the Bengals vs. Saints game 12/5/2010

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com