Feb 25, 2011

Forgiven, but not forgotten

I'm sure everyone has heard this once in their life.
Maybe you have said it before.
Maybe someone hurt you and you had an argument and wanted to work it out and said it.

I was talking to a friend earlier and she was telling me how she got into an argument with her husband because he did something wrong.
She decided to work through it and told him,

"I forgive you, but I'll never forget." 

What does that mean?
Maybe you choose to forgive someone who did you wrong, but not forgetting so you won't get hurt again.
The question is, can a person really forgive if they don't forget?
If you never forget, aren't you still harboring some resentment towards the person that did you wrong?
Maybe it's just me, but it seems worse to forgive someone then hold it all in because you keep remembering for future situations.

What happened to forgive and forget?
Is that when true forgiveness sets in?
What are your thoughts?

P.S. Project 365 will be postponed today.

2 comments:

Marla said...

You have a point. We're supposed to be like Christ. But, forgetting is the hard part of that equation. And does it make you a sucker if you forgive AND forget? It's a tough concept. No answers here.

...with ♥, SB said...

those words hurt me so. Its like, im being told I am a bad person, when in reality, I am a good person, who makes mistakes, and, the past is past, we have to just let it go in order to move on and fulfill our future.

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com