Feb 23, 2011

Hospital trips and doctor appointments

This is how my life has been the past two weeks.
Not with myself, but with family.
Hubster's cousin had to go to the ER because he had a huge nasty bruise on his side that appeared after a couple days of coughing really hard while he was on the toilet. Turned out, he had a massive hematoma and has to take it easy for three weeks.

After that, I had to take Poppy to all of his doctor appointments. He has some things going on with him and we're working on getting them fixed.

THEN I got a call from my mother-in-law saying Gramma couldn't breathe. She asked me rush over there because I have a house key and I'm only a few blocks away.
I rush over to check on Gramma while Hubster and mother-in-law called 911. I get there and Gramma was panting. She just couldn't seem to catch her breath. I guess she had fallen earlier in the evening and couldn't seem to settle down from there. The paramedics showed up five minutes after I got there, so I was telling them the situation while they checked her blood pressure and everything else.

They ended up taking her in the back of the ambulance and took her to the hospital where I work.
My mother-in-law and I got there and went straight back so the doctors knew all of the information.
After a few tests and having her on oxygen for a few hours, they treated her for bronchitis and pneumonia. They put her on some heavy duty antibiotics and she has a doctor's appointment today with her family doctor.
It was scary dealing with all of this.
I pray that she recovers quickly.

3 comments:

...with ♥, SB said...

Thank you for your lovely post on my blog. I ♥ music. I practically breathe it, and Music for my soul is a new thing on my blog. Thank you for stopping by. You have good taste =)


What a hectic week it seems like you had, i sure hope things look up for you!

have a wonderful day.

Big Fat Gini said...

Goodness! It sounds like quite a week for y'all. Hoping everyone is better really, really soon! Hang in there...

...with ♥, SB said...

YES YES, try out the chocolate playdoh recipe!

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com