Feb 2, 2011

My trip to the ER [Graphic photos]

What my effin' luck.
This has been the week from hell.
I ended up with a severe infected wisdom tooth that has to come out next week
My phone was broken
And I ended up going to the ER last night.

It started out with a pretty good evening.
Aaron got off work and we went to AT&T to get a new phone turned on, he went to PetSmart to get some more things for Breez-E's cage, and we went to the store to get a nice dinner.
When we got home, my brother and I decided to knock out all the dishes really quick while dinner was cooking.
So I started washing while he rinsed and dried.
I got to the cups and had a cup that had some dried up juice in the bottom. I stuck in our long handled sponge brush, but it's angled weird and couldn't get it, so I stuck my hand in the glass with a sponge.
That's when it happened...
The glass broke, slicing open my hand in 2 different areas.
One was really bad.
I saw the blood in the sink, saw the blood in the blood on my shirt (from the spray) and FREAKED out.

This was taken in the ER.

It's weird how I freaked out because I work in a hospital for crying out loud! 
I guess it's different when it happens to you.
I rushed to the ER and they took me back right away and looked at it. 
I had to sit back there for about 15 minutes where I sat and listened to a guy in the next curtain bitching at his mom about some drama. That was fun...

But as I was sitting there, the cut would not stop bleeding!!


It wouldn't stop dripping. I went through so many pieces of gauze. 
Finally a nurse came back and numbed me up and irrigated my cut. That was pretty disgusting. I saw all of my finger fat and wanted to hurl so many times. 
I kept screaming at myself because I see worse EVERY.SINGLE.DAY!!!

Finally the doctor came in and stitched me up. I got my choice of red, blue, or green stitches, so I picked the blue. Wish they had hot pink!!

All stitched up!

They bandaged me up and sent me on my way, telling me to come back in 10 days when I have a break from work, but not before they stuck me with a tetanus shot. 

So I got home, cleaned up the blood in the kitchen, cleaned up the rest of my hand and decided to unwrap the bandage to see the damage. 


It took 2 stitches on the inside and 6 stitches on the outside to close it up. Along with having a gash on the top of my hand that wasn't deep enough to stitch. 
I guess I was long overdue for some stitches since I hadn't had any in my 27 years.
So now I sit with an excruciating toothache and now an excruciating hand. 
Go me!

2 comments:

Lin said...

Holy sh*t that looks like it hurt(s)! My stomach is tightening up just looking at those photos...you're a trooper for not hurling because I would have. Hope the pain goes away, both of them :)

Megan said...

Oh. My. Gosh. YEOUCH!!! I guess when it rains it pours, huh? Ugh! Feel better asap!!

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com