Mar 24, 2011

Hospitals have become my home away from home

Not only do I work at a hospital for 12 hours a day, 5 days a week (most of the time lately), but apparently I'm meant to live at one!
Poppy was admitted overnight two weeks ago. He is happy and better and home now! I probably should have updated sooner! I've just been so busy with work and taking care of everyone.
They ended up removing 30+ stones out of Poppy's bladder, took a biopsy of something the doctor said looked like cancer, and he even found a few surprises!
Poppy had a kidney removed four years ago and when they closed him up, they used staples. Well somehow his body absorbed some of the staples and that's what his infection came from.
Dr. S. ended up removing six staples out of his bladder. So after many doses of antibiotics, Poppy's bladder is now feeling much better, his urine is clear and the funky odor is gone!
We have his post-op appointment later on this afternoon.

I also have to go to the hospital this morning to deal with my cousin.
He ended up getting a hematoma on his left side that hurt him really bad about a month and a half ago. He started feeling better, but then it got worse.
He now has a huge lump on the left side of his body about the size of a basketball. He went and had more CTs, MRIs and blood work done.
They have now noticed that one or more vessels are still leaking and it's all blood. His lung is now absorbing the blood.
So this morning, he's having a thoracentesis done to have the blood drained from his lung and hopefully find the vessel(s) that is/are leaking.

I swear. The luck my family has had with their health is beyond crappy.

Please send me lots and lots and lots of caffeine and sugar!
Nom nom nom nom.

Happy Thursday Blogarinos!


3 comments:

Lin said...

Holy smokes...it's pretty scary (and a lil gross) that your body can obsorb staples. Wow. I'm glad he's doing better though :)

Also, I'm crossing my fingers for your cousin to get better soon. Take it easy & dont forget that you need to rest. Seems like you're taking on a lot lately.

Big Fat Gini said...

Oh goodness! You certainly have been going through a lot lately! Hoping everyone is healthy very soon and you're resting and enjoy some time away from the hospital!

Lisa said...

Sounds to me like you need a nice, long spa day! Hope all your family heals up soon!

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com