Apr 6, 2011

My Letter to PETA

Dear Ms. Newkirk,
I have been a long supporter of PETA, as well as spay and neuter programs. I’ve done many hours working in an animal shelter rescuing animals of all sorts. I think the work PETA does is fantastic and brings a lot of information and education to the community that we normally would not know if it weren’t for your organization.

With that said, I am appalled at your “Win a Vasectomy” contest you are having in HONOR of National Infertility Awareness Week. I feel as if your organization owes an apology for this insulting and disgusting campaign.

I know infertility is a very silent disease and not many people know about it, so maybe it’s ignorance on your organization’s part, but sterilizing a human being in HONOR of already infertile women and many, already sterile men is just hurtful and ridiculous.

My husband and I have suffered with infertility for more than five years. Our only wish in this world is to become parents, so when we see a contest to win a vasectomy to HONOR us infertile people, it’s a slap in the face.

I believe your organization owe all infertile couples an apology. The statement that was left on your Facebook fan page was nothing close to an apology.
I hope you make your wrong doing into something right.


Sincerely,

1 comments:

Lisa said...

You know, I'm not really surprised that PETA would do something like that...I'm a big animal person too, but that's one organization I've just never been able to get behind.

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com