Apr 25, 2011

National Infertility Awareness Week

I have mixed feelings about this.
I think it's great to bring awareness to infertility because a lot of women (that I've come across in social surroundings or work) don't know about infertility, don't know what PCOS is, or even know what it takes for someone battling infertility to do to try and have a child.
This week, I'll be seeing all the reminders of being an infertile on Twitter and in my Google Reader and I just don't want to deal.

To me,
Infertility...
...makes me feel like a loser.
...makes me an angry person.
...is hurtful.
...is expensive.
...is a huge kick in the uterus.

Many women don't know what infertile women have to go through on a daily basis just to keep from smashing things in their reach.
When I hear a pregnancy announcement, I wants to break something.
When I read a pregnancy announcement, I want to snap my laptop in half.
I then cry in the shower to hide my tears from Hubster.
It's the little release that I get to keep a smile on my face the next day.

I will probably not be reading many blog posts about NIAW. Maybe a few of my regular blog reads.
I will continue with my ranting and picture sharing.
And of course bitching on Twitter. Ha!

Hope all of you Blogarinos are having a great week!
I will be doing my physical therapy, taking Gramma to her doctor appointments, and going to my own doctor appointments.
Fun!

3 comments:

Megan said...

(((HUGS))) You know I completely understand! I wish we didn't have to feel this pain!

Big Fat Gini said...

I probably can't fully understand what it feels like to have extended issues with infertility. But, believe it or not, I have actually been there and I know it's not easy.

{Hugs} Nikke. Hope your leg is getting better every day...

Kristen said...

It is difficult! I think people tend to not give as much support if you already have children too, which can be isolating. I went through infertility both pregnancies and it can be a lonely, tough road. Wish I could make it better for you, but at least I understand...
Kristen
http://threeinthenest.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com