Apr 10, 2011

Sunday Praise and Prayer

(2)Praise the LORD, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—(3)who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, (4)who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion
Psalm 103:2-4 (NIV)
 
As I've mentioned in my last post, Gramma was diagnosed with breast cancer last week. The doctor found it after ordering a CT scan to look at her lungs to see how her lung cancer has progressed. 
She had to have a mammogram and a breast ultrasound done, then the radiologist said he wanted to do a biopsy. That was when they saw that it was in fact breast cancer. The good thing is that they caught it early because she's been having mammograms faithfully every year and nothing has shown up until now. 
She's going through doctor appointments to see if she can withstand having surgery. 
Her choices are a lumpectomy, in which they will take out the lump and surrounding tissues as well as a few lymphnodes to see if has spread. The other is, of course, a full mastectomy of the breast. 
We won't know more until Monday when Gramma sees the breast surgeon. 
Gramma has always lived by the Bible and is a God-fearing woman. She has many women in a prayer chain as well as family. 
I'm asking you dear Blogarinos, if you are the praying type, or know of someone that is a praying type, if you'd pass it along with your prayer chain. 
And please pray for my family. We just can't deal with anymore crap! It's exhausting!


1 comments:

Jessica said...

My thoughts are with you and your family during this. I hope your grandma fights strong.

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com