Jun 18, 2011

Six Word Saturday

Enjoying the Summer Solstice party downtown!

Here in Alaska, we celebrate Summer Solstice because it's the one day we get 24 hours of COMPLETE daylight in Anchorage.
They shut down the entire downtown district and have a huge party.
I luckily have the weekend off, so I'm partaking in the festivities!
I can't wait!

P.S. Supposedly you're able to sit an egg up completely straight and it stays that way. I WILL be trying out this theory...
This message brought to you by Six Word Saturday at www.ShowMyFace.com

7 comments:

Fi said...

24 hours of daylight - how wierd that must be. Have a fantastic time

thelaughinghousewife said...

Wow! What an experience.

Did you see the episode of The West Wing where CJ tried doing the egg thing?

Do let us know how you get on :)

rlavalette said...

Daylihgt, Nightlight, Summer Solstice Brightlight.

Have a Blast!

Kasi said...

Enjoy the festivities and have fun! :)

BTW, I'm loving your new look for your blog...beautiful!

Susan in SC said...

I have always wanted to celebrate the summer solstice! Enjoy it for me too! Great 6WS!

Call Me Cate said...

What happened with the egg?!?!?

Thanks for playing 6WS!

Stephanie M. Hasty said...

that sounds like loads of fun!!! i've never been to alaska! i finally have the time to visit from 6WS!

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com