Feb 21, 2012

Grandma

I've been absent from Bloggy land due to the passing of my Grandma.
On February 4, 2012, my Grandma passed away.
She was diagnosed with multiple myeloma seven days before her death.
I was able to fly out the next day after finding out to be there for my family.
I was glad to be there because I heard about all the things she said about me.
She told everyone she was so proud of me and everything I was doing in Alaska. I heard some wonderful things the Pastor shared with me.
The funeral was beautiful and the things people said about her were so touching.
My Grandma went through a lot in her life and she was such a strong woman.
My aunts were with her since her diagnosis and tried to get her to fight, but her exact words were, "I'm a Christian, I know where I'm going and I'm ready."
She didn't shed a tear or cry out in pain.
She simply just slept until she was ready to give up.
My brain still hasn't processed the whole thing.
I was in Ohio for ten days then came back to Alaska and it's just now sinking in.
I miss her terribly!
She taught me how to crochet, sew, quilt, and made some beautiful things for me.
I just want her back.





2 comments:

Kasi said...

Beautiful lady! :) I'll be praying for you during this hard time.

Lin said...

I'm sorry about the loss of your grandma. She's definitely in a better place though & you'll always have those fond memories to remember her by :)

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com