Apr 6, 2012

Hair loss

I've been losing my hair.
I haven't really noticed it until last week.
I always thought I was losing the same amount as always because the number of hairs in my brush have not changed, but I guess it's not growing as strong as always.

For the past two weeks, I've noticed how easily my hair breaks. I go to put it up in a ponytail for work, and a handful of hairs will break off.

I don't know if this is due to stress, my body lacking something, or related to my PCOS.
It's probably all three things.

I went to Walgreens tonight and bought some Biotin supplements after talking with a doctor at work.
He told me some things that I really like.
We'll see how it goes. I'm going to start taking them tomorrow.

I also bought some special all natural shampoo that will hopefully help clean my scalp really good.
I suffered from cradle cap as a little tyke and it has never fully gone away.

Has anyone had any experience with Biotin supplements?
What about those PCOSers?
Do you suffer from hair loss?

- Posted from my iPhone

2 comments:

In Due Time said...

I started talking Biotin about two? months ago, stopped during the abdominal pain thing last month but I am getting ready to start back up. The only downside is I have noticed my chin hairs are growing like every other day. I feel like the Lorax or some shit. LOL

Too bad we can't get the PCOS to grow the hair where we want it, on head, not legs, face, and every where else we don't want it! Lol

Lin said...

Aw, I'm sorry you're going through this. I hope the supplements you take help you out cause it sucks to lose your hair. I lost a ton of mine when undergoing my hyperthyroid treatment. I notice it starts to happen again when my levels are off or I'm stressed.

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com