Jun 14, 2012

Still Alive

Well I'm still alive.
Internet access has been pretty much non-existent in the villages I've been going to.
Villages you ask?
Why yes...villages.
I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I said I would go through Southeast Alaska.

Driving was a blast...except through the Yukon. The Al-Can highway is AWFUL!!!!! It was nothing but bumps and dirt road for about 300 miles.
I hit a bird and killed it...not on purpose of course. It just happened to fly into the path of my truck that was going 80mph.

I got a bumper sticker that says I drove the Al-Can and survived...ha!

Made it through the Canada Border patrol with a breeze.
The US Border patrol was worse. So many stupid questions! I thought for sure I was going to have to unload everything out of the back of my truck, but luckily, they took my word about the contents of my truck.

Haines, AK is absolutely gorgeous! I wish I was able to upload all of the pics I've taken, but alas...the internet here sucks. So you'll all just have to wait!

I made it to Juneau and went to Celebration for all of the Tlingit, Haida, and Tsimshian. It was a beautiful experience!

I then went to Sitka, AK after an eight hour ferry trip for a few hours and saw the town, then off to Kake for another eight hours.

Right now, I'm in a little village called Kake, AK. Go ahead and Google map that. It's a tiny little village off an island in the Alaska Panhandle. IT'S ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS THOUGH!
I'll be here for another three days then it's off to another village called Petersburg, AK where I'll be for another four days then hop on another ferry for a two day five hour ferry trip to Bellingham, WA.

I can't wait to share all of the photos I've taken.

Until next time!

1 comments:

Lin said...

Glad you're still alive! Hope you're taking lots of photos :)

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com