Jul 3, 2012

AKtoMN Day 1

While traveling, I kept a detailed journal of everything that happened so I wouldn't forget any detail.
I had some pretty awful cell service driving the Al-Can highway.

June 1st, 2012

I left Anchorage at 10am with Debbie and Caden (Hubster's little cousin).
We had the truck packed to the ceiling and I was nervous on the drive, but I finally got in the groove and enjoyed it.
We stopped on the side of the road a few times and got some good photos.
I got to see Matanuska Glacier and a bunch of wonderful scenery.

 Self portrait of me in front Matanuska Glacier
 Me, my MiL, and little cousin
 Caden
 Matanuska Glacier
Caden's set up in the back of my truck

We stopped off in Glenallen, AK for lunch and did a little souvenir shopping. It's such a beautiful drive. 
We even saw a caribou on the side of the road. 

We reached Tok, Alaska in the evening and found an awesome sign that we were able to take pictures with. 
How cute and fun is this?

 Me & Caden
 Me & Debbie

We drove to the hotel and restaurant Fast Eddy's. 
They have the BEST Captain's basket. It's HUGE!!! 
The rooms are really comfortable as well. 


After all that, we went to bed because we had a LOOOONNNNGGG driving day in the morning....through Canada!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com