Oct 18, 2012

Final resting place

As I'm typing this, my family in Alaska is traveling on a ferry to Petersburg, Alaska to put Gramma T to rest next to her brother.
I wish I could be there.
My heart aches because I'm not there.
The money was just too much. For just Hubster and me to fly, it was going to cost almost $3,000 on short notice. That was bereavement ticket prices too!
I'm glad I've been to the cemetery to see where Uncle John was buried so I know what it looks like. The cemetery is beautiful there. It's on top of a hill and over looks the ocean.
There was a service in Anchorage and a family friend took some pictures so Hubster and I knew what the casket looked like and all the people that were there to help celebrate Gramma's life.
I just wish I could be there.
It hurts that I'm not.
October 20, 2012 Gramma will finally be put to rest and I can get some closure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com