Nov 6, 2012

'Tis the season

As much as I love Halloween, I love the end it because it means Christmas is almost here!
I was never one to like Christmas in the past. Before I was married, I never had family around and just never got in the spirit. I always worked on the holidays and was pretty bummed around the holidays because I didn't have anyone around to share them with.

After being adopted into Hubster's family, that has all changed. The whole family opened their arms up to me and I got to feel what a family Christmas got to feel like again. Since then, I've been hooked on the holidays.

I love the decorating, the baking, listening to Christmas music and watching my favorite Christmas movies.
Some of my favorites are Miracle on 34th Street, It's a Wonderful Life, and of course the 24 hour marathon on TNT of A Christmas Story. (You'll shoot your eye out kid!)

I'm excited to be here in Minnesota with BiL, SiL, and nephew so I we can start a yearly tradition with my nephew. I can't wait to take him out on Christmas Eve and look at all the neatly decorated houses in the neighborhood. That's been a tradition of my family since I was little and I love it! Even when I didn't have anyone to share the holidays with, I would get a thermos of hot cocoa, hop in my car with Christmas tunes playing and drive through all the neighborhoods in Alaska to see everyone's Christmas light masterpieces.

What are some traditions you have in your family?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com