I do not need this right now.
Ive been driving my husband's truck all weekend to work because he has remote start and it's been really cold. Sunday night I went to put gas in it before heading home and as soon as I pulled into the parking lot at my apartment building, the battery gauge on the dash maxed out and the battery light came on. The truck then died. Luckily I was able to roll into it into a parking space before it completely died.
The next day I called road side assistance to have it towed over to my mechanic.
I was freaking out the entire time because that meant Hubster had to take my truck to work since he worked over a hour away and I had to get the truck fixed. So I was trying to get it fixed fast and oh, did I mention,
This happened during finals!!!!!!!!!!!
Cosmo was not amused while waiting for the tow truck.
Talk about majorly stressed. I ended up spending the night at my brother-in-law's house because I was able to use one of their vehicles. I went to my final and went back to my brother-in-law's house. The mechanic finally called me around 9 pm saying that my alternator blew and needed replaced as well as a bunch of electrical wires and gauges. $270 later and I had my truck back. I followed my sister-in-law home because she took me over to get my truck and when I was four blocks away from her house, my truck lost complete power....AGAIN!!!!!
Are you fucking kidding me!
I called my mechanic...again and told him what happened, so I had to call road side assistance...again and have it towed back. Thank goodness it's free!!
It turned out the alternator spiked for some reason and after resetting a bunch of crap, my truck is now in working order....another $80 down the hole.
So of course it's been one stressed out couple of weeks for me and dealing with auto shit. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm still aground, but finals are next week so I've been crazy busy!!
So far I'm doing really well in my classes and I'm trying to keep it that way so wish me luck!
My math exam is Tuesday at 7 am which blows because my brain doesn't comprehend anything that early.
Anatomy and Physiology 1 is on Wednesday at 8 am.
Lastly, Lifespan Psychology is Thursday at 9.
I'm so nervous. Wish me luck!!!
For my new followers, Poppy was the greatest man next to my grandpa. Poppy is my husband's grandpa. I actually met Poppy before my husband and he always tried to set me up with Aaron before. He insisted that all people call him Poppy and was there for everyone. Before leaving Alaska, I spent many years caring for Poppy and Aaron's grandma. I did their shopping, picked up their medicine, took them to their appointments and helped around the house. It was really hard to leave both Poppy and Aaron's grandma when we moved to Minnesota.
This morning, Poppy went peacefully in his sleep to be with his wife. I got the phone call at 2pm MN time, 11am AK time.
He's going to be extremely missed and we are all saddened.
We love you and will miss you greatly.
1. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup ice cream
2. What is your favorite smell?
The smell of my Grampa's house. If I could bottle that up and spray it in my apartment, I would. It's the smell of home and it's comforting.
3. What is your favorite TV commercial? (Past or present)
I still laugh my ass off at this commercial. I love that he just chucks the phone at his face.
4. What is your favorite day of the week?
Wednesdays...for now. It's the only day of the week I do not have classes or work.
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and whatever game I'm addicted to on my iPad.
6. What is your favorite article of clothing?
My summer solstice hoodie I got in Alaska when I went to the Summer Solstice party downtown to celebrate the longest day of sunlight. That was good times.
Well today when I got off work, I went to the store and bought a Christmas tree and spent the evening decorating it.
I'm a day late, but I got my tree up and I'm starting to get into the Christmas spirit!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
1. It's been a really long time since I've participated in 10 on Tuesday since I took a break, but I'm back bitches!!!
2. There are 2 weeks before finals. Holy shit balls!
3. I'm completely enjoying my apartment that I moved into in September. It's spacious and quiet!
4. My mom came to visit a few weeks ago and I already miss her terribly.
5. I found out I'm working Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Eve, and New Years Day. What the hell dude? My boss hates me.
6. Next week, Aaron and I are celebrating our fifth year wedding anniversary. It feels like an eternity.
7. I started taking anti-deppressants and OMFG! where have they been all my life? I feel as though I'm a whole new person. Happier and just as cray-cray as ever!
8. Aaron and I have put off actively trying to conceive, but we're not preventing anything either. I've been using Ovia fertility app to chart my temps, symptoms, the dirty deed and all that jazz. I've even been taking ovulation tests and I actually fucking ovulated! I haven't seen that in AGES!
9. I am not ready for winter. At. All.
10. I hit a huge milestone on something that was on my bucket list. I quit smoking and just had my one year quit date anniversary a few weeks ago. How awesome is that?!
Have a happy Tuesday, a better Hump Day, an awesome Thanksgiving, and great weekend!
The 16th of November was a huge milestone in my life.
I haven't had a cigarette in over a year!!!
I didn't think I would make it, but I'm so proud of myself.
I wouldn't say it was easy...by far, but I was determined this year.
I still get the crazy cravings for cigarettes, especially during certain activities where I used to smoke a lot while participating, but I've stuck to my guns.
Now that I've jumped over that hurdle, the next one is working out regularly.
I'm determined this year to get even more healthier and lose weight.
Sticking it out and not smoking and shown me that I have the power to do anything I set my mind on.
Wish me luck Blogarinos!
I must say, that I've missed every single one of you.
I have been so busy and ended up having a nervous breakdown so I took a little bloggy break, but I'm feeling so much better and ready to start writing again.
If you're friends with me on Facebook or Twitter, I've been keeping things up to date there.
For those of you not (well, you should be!), I have since last writing, moved into my own apartment with Hubster. We're finally out of my brother-in-law's house and we're doing very well. I had a lot of stresses with school, work, and dealing with everyone in the small house that I had a melt down. Hubster got a job and within a few months, we were out! I'm totally in love with my apartment. It's still close to work and school which is nice, and it's HUGE! It's a very spacious two-bedroom/two-bath apartment on THE GROUND FLOOR! What are the odds of that?!
With all of the excitement of moving, the in-laws flew down to Minnesota for my nephew's birthday and to hang out. They were here for almost three months...yeah. So we weren't out of the woods clearly regarding stress and dealing with their alcoholism. It was a loooooooooong three months. It was nice to see them when they were sober and they helped out a lot with getting necessities for our apartment, but three months of the drinking was really hard.
Also, since last posting, I am almost done with my fall semester. I'm taking Anatomy and Physiology 1, Lifespan Development, and the dreaded math. I only have three more classes to take before applying for nursing school. I'm so freaking excited and proud of myself for rocketing through all of my classes. I started out a semester behind everyone else, but was able to catch up and now I'm right on time. I'm just hoping I get accepted into the nursing program at the same campus I'm going to now. I love the campus and have heard all the professors rock.
Well I'm going to finish up some A&P homework. I have a huge exam on Tuesday and I'm going to be prepared for it!
I'm glad to be back and getting caught up on all of your lovely blogs.
Have a great weekend Blogarinos!
I needed to take a much needed break, but I'm ready to come back.
I need to come back.
I miss it.
So with that said, on to Random Thursday!
This week is:
My favorite place in my city is....
I'm a football fanatic and although I'm not a Minnesota Vikings fan yet, I love coming here to see games. Especially Vikings vs. Packers!
1. I'm back!!! After a very long, much needed hiatus, I'm feeling better and glad to be back.
2. Hubster finally has a job! I'm really excited for him and glad to have the extra income, but it's not in the field he's certified in and I know he hates it, but he's glad to be working.
3. I have a summer cold. I've been suffering for two weeks now. How the fuck does someone get this sick in the summer time?!
4. I've been picking up extra hours at work. Work finally got the driving record from Alaska after seven months and I'm not able to drive shuttle for the hotel. It's nice because I can pick up shifts and the tips are nice. Plus, I get to see beautiful sights like this when I'm driving between terminals at MSP airport.
5. Classes are almost over for the summer and I'm ecstatic. I survived microbiology. I got an 89% which is a miracle to get in a 5 week course that shoves 14 weeks worth of information down your throat. I'm happy with the grade. Now I just wish Ethics was over already. I hate that class! I just need to hold out two more weeks.
6. Hubster and I applied for an apartment. Still waiting to hear back from them. It's almost been two weeks. They are done with my background check, but they are having a hard time with Hubster's. For some reason when they run his name and information, there's addresses that pop up for eleven different states. Hubster hasn't lived in any other state than Alaska and Minnesota. It's frustrating waiting! I want my own place.
7. I'm excited to have my mom down to visit in October. Zombie Pub Crawl 2013 here we come! Again!
8. If Mackelmore had a uterus.
9. Someone is angry with me. At least he doesn't stick anymore.
10. I'm tired of hearing about people being too hot. We had a week of 90 degree weather and people act like it's hell.
I left for a reason.
It wasn't until a few years ago that I realized I left because my mother made me leave.
She picked took us and drove from Ohio to Alaska to run from HER problems.
We were taught that Ohio is evil and nothing is there for us anymore.
I love the fact that I got to live in Alaska for almost 12 years, but I do miss Ohio.
I miss the family.
The things that I realized I missed, but didn't know until I came back.
- The bullfrogs at night.
- My aunt's backyard on a hot summer day.
- Looking at the farms.
- Lightening bugs.
- The smells while driving from town to town.
2. Grampa is going a lot better. I'm really impressed.
3. I've been enjoying the river. It's beautiful there. It's in a little town called Utopia and it truly is utopia there.
4. This trip I also got to babysit my cousin's set of twins and they are freaking adorbs!
This is little Liam after a bottle.
5. I also got to hang with my cousin's older daughter, Makenna. She loves to tell stories.
6. Grampa still has an appointment tomorrow to get his belly drained. They are probably going to take off four liters.
7. Cosmo makes an awful country dog. He's too scared to pee when the bullfrogs come out and make noise.
8. I have been entertaining the idea of living in Ohio again. Maybe after school.
9. I'm not looking forward to the drive home. 12 hours in the car is not fun.
10. I wish I didn't have to work this weekend.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
It's when I think about all the pain inside of me that I'm trying to hide.
I wish things were different almost five years ago.
This time five years ago I was so happy and planning a nursery.
So every time someone says Happy Mother's Day to me, I want to punch them in the effing throat.
But my pain aside, it's a time that I like to honor my own mother.
My mother has been through some shit.
Granted, she was selfish back in the day and we have our own problems, but I have the utmost respect for her because I don't even know half the stress she has dealt with being in an abusive relationship for so long, then getting the courage to leave the abusive relationship and struggle so many years being a single parent to four children and surviving off of one income...and not a very large income.
I'm happy that my mother has turned her life around, gotten healthier, has a job that she loves, and is able to support herself.
I'm even more happy that we have a great relationship.
I love that I can now call my mother and talk to her when I'm having a shitty day, I have a mother that supports the fact that I'm screwed up in the head and seeing a psychiatrist, I have a mother that comes and visits and spoils me, and that I have a mother that I know truly loves me.
So here's to you mom!
I know you read my blog secretly.
Happy Mother's Day.
Zombie-fied of course!
I have neglected you so.
And for that, I'm sorry.
It's hard being a college student around finals.
Holy shit balls!!!
I have finally finished my 20+ page paper, had my conference and my writing professor and hit the ball out of the park. He absolutely loved my paper and said I did a great job with it. I hope grades come out soon. I'm nervous to see what my final grade is.
So I'm done with one class. Two more to go!
I have the final for Intercultural Communication and Biology on Tuesday and then I'll be done for 2 weeks.
What am I doing for my two week summer break you ask?
Going to Ohio of course!
I believe I've posted before that my grandfather isn't doing so well. He's in an assisted living home right now and he's in the end stages of liver failure and brain disease. He's begging for me to come see him during his lucid moments, so Hubster and I are packing up Wednesday after finals and hitting the road.
I'm excited to see my grandfather and go on a road trip. I live for road trips. I'm a pretty nomadic creature and love to be on the move.
So everyone send good vibes my way!
I need all the good vibes I can get for scoring the A's on my finals to keep a 4.0 GPA.
I can't believe it's Tuesday again.
Time is flying by!!!
1. I'm currently writing this during my lunch break in the cafeteria at school where I'm watching a bunch of grown men playing some kind of card game with super powers, villians, etc. Something like Dungeons and Dragons. I had no idea that still existed!
2. I'm trying not to freak out because in exactly 2 hours (which is when my next class is scheduled), I will finally be turning in my 20 page paper for my Writing and Research class. I'm so freaking nervous!!! I worked so hard on it and learned a lot about the media and health issues. I just hope it's good enough to get a decent grade. My professor seems like a hard ass and is extremely sarcastic (like me) so I hope I enlighten him with my paper. This was all new territory for me.
3. I've been taking Metformin for almost two weeks now and I'm dealing the symptoms pretty well, it just sucks feeling nauseous all the time and needed to go diarrhea every few hours.
4. I got rear-ended yesterday evening while I was sitting at a red light listening to music. I felt this huge jolt while jamming to my music and look in my rearview mirror to see a middle aged woman freak out. I motioned for her to pull over into a nearby parking lot to assess the damage. I looked at the back of my car and didn't see where she hit me. She ended up hitting my tow bar and a little paint transfer on the driver side. Nothing serious. There was more damage to her car so we exchanged information and went on our way.
I want to lose weight.
I want to battle this wretched PCOS.
I want to get healthier.
I want a baby.
I finally got insurance after being without for over five years and saw an OB/GYN.
She's a wonderful doctor and I like her a lot.
We went over my history, my mother's history of endometriosis and breast cancer, and all of my concerns.
She even listened to me about my wants and gave me the answers to all the questions I've had for so long.
I had blood drawn while I was there to check for diabetes, cholesterol, and hormone levels.
Also, she put me on the dreadful Metformin.
I took Metformin a few years back and got so sick from it.
The doctor told me that the reason I had so many problems with it was because when I was on it before, I was on the extended release version.
This time, I'm on the regular Metformin. 500 mgs a day for 2 weeks, then 1000 mgs a day for another 2 weeks, than up to 1500 mgs a day.
The doctor got back to me about my blood levels and wants me to see an endocrinologist so that's who I'm going to see in the next three weeks.
I'm just glad to be getting my health prioritized and getting more proactive about my health.
Happy Tuesday everyone!
I have been so busy writing a paper for my Writing and Research class, being sick, celebrating my 30th birthday, and working extra hours.
So this week I will be doing ten pictures.
1. This is how I've been feeling lately when I get in my car. I don't know if it's from all the extra bloating or if my boobs are getting bigger....like they can get any bigger.
7. Some people are just taking things too literally lately.
8. Because we all have our sexy as hell moments, we just have to stop and take a pic of that shit.