Feb 24, 2013

Crazies at work

I started working at a hotel in December. 
It's my first time ever working in hospitality. I have many years of customer service so I decided to try it out while I am in school. 
Boy, it is a mad house!!! 

I work in a hotel that is in the middle. It's not fancy, but it's not trash either. We get a decent amount of regulars that come for business and pleasure, then we get a few locals that need a place to stay to get drunk or sleep it off. 

This past weekend, I was put in charge my first shift and everything that could go wrong...went wrong! 

First, a bunch of rooms were having plumbing issues so I had move around a bunch of guests, then the hot water went out and had to call in someone to fix that, then the cable went out for a bit so I had to answer 500 phone calls. 

I had almost had it when a guest from the second floor came down and told me that his tub was filling up with brown water. I was having a hard time accepting this issues so I moved him into a different room and ran upstairs to check it out. The tub was COMPLETELY full of brown water. How in the hell does this happen???????
I ran for a plunger and came back to figure something out when I heard the room upstairs flush their toilet. As soon as they flushed, water came spraying out of the overflow in the tub. As water was spraying out of the tub, I noticed little baggies, balloons, and some plastic floating in the tub. I put on some gloves and fished it out and low and behold....it was balloon tips and baggies that hold heroin. The plastic pieces? The cap to a needle. 

For serious.

I called the police right away to come and check out the room that flushed the toilet. When they showed up, they let me and the police in the room and right away, we saw the issue. These people had basically  moved in all of their trash and had drug paraphernalia all over the hotel room. They were also hoarding eight cats in this hotel room and there was cat feces all over the place. After checking out the toilet, we saw that it was clogged. 

The cops ended up arresting the people in the room for having drugs and paraphernalia in the room. 

The next day, maintenance checked the pipes to get the clog cleared that lead through the floor pipes and found 11 hypodermic needles in the overflow trap, 15 pieces of balloons, and a bunch of tiny plastic bags. These guests were flushing the evidence every time so they didn't get caught by housekeeping. 

I couldn't believe it.  

I'm still shocked by this behavior. It's something I'm not used to. 

I can't wait until I get to relax and do nothing on Wednesday!

2 comments:

Lin said...

That's so crazy.

Anonymous said...

My programmer is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP.
I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses.
But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using WordPress on a number of websites for about a
year and am worried about switching to another platform.
I have heard fantastic things about blogengine.
net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress
posts into it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also visit my page; stay at home jobs uk
my web site :: Senaida33 - close company now

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com