Feb 22, 2013

Friday Review: Schick Hydro Silk razor


I was given the opportunity to review the Schick Hydro Silk razor through BzzAgent
I've heard of the Schick Hydro before, but I haven't tried it. I'm a huge fan of my man razor, but I figured I'd try out a lady razor to see if I would like it. 

So the Schick Hydro Silk is fairly new and here's the facts (from the BzzAgent website):

  • Each cartridge is filled with Water-Activated Moisturizing Serum that's infused with marine extracts and shea butter and hydrates longer than any other razor.
  • 5 Curve-Sensing™ blades move independently from each other to deliver an incredibly smooth, efficient shave and blade guards help protect skin from irritation(fewer strokes helps reduce irritation!)
  • Contoured oval cartridges allow for a closer shave around hard-to-reach places like ankles, knees and underarms
  • An ergonomic, soft touch handle with rubber grips provides ultimate control while shaving
  • Schick Hydro Silk® razors are stocked at grocery stores, drug stores and mass retailers; the Starter Kit sells for an average retail price of $9.49, while 4-packs of refill cartridges retail for around $15.11
With that said....here's my review.

After getting the package in the mail, I was excited to hop in the shower and try it out. I was in a need of a leg shaving just as I got it in the mail. 
I followed the suggestion of using shaving cream in the shower. 
Well I was very disappointed. 
I was not getting a very close shave at all compared to my regular razor. On top of that, it had a very awkward shaped handle and it was very slick so I was not getting a good grip on it at all. Afterwards, I didn't noticed much of a moisturizing difference. I still had to apply the same amount of lotion to get the feeling I like. 

So all in all, I will not be using this razor anymore. 

P.S. I'm a bzzagent from www.bzzagent.com and was given this product to try for free. My opinion is mine and mine only and was not affected anyway by the compensation of this product.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com