Feb 11, 2013

Friend Makin' Monday




Personal Quirks and Habits

1. Share one unique character trait that sets you apart from your friends.
My sarcasm for sure. I don't know where I picked it up, but along the way when I was developing my little personality, I picked up and stuck with sarcasm. 

2. List at least two pet peeves that always aggravate you.
Only two?! I have more than that for sure, but the two that come to mind first are: (1) When people chew with their mouth open and talk at the same time, and (2) When people drag their feet while walking. PICK UP YOUR FRIGGIN' FEET LAZY ASS!

3. Is there a word or phrase that you say so regularly that people expect to hear it from you?
That's absolutely ridiculous.

4. Are you a risk taker, or do you typically play it safe?
I typically play it safe. What I know is what I'm comfortable with. There are a few times I'll go out of my comfort zone, but not very often.

5. Describe your life as it was in high school. Are you the same person? Have you changed?
High school was awful for me. I hated every second of it. I switched schools a lot while growing up so I was always the new kid. I was very quiet and never had any friends I went to school with. Lunches were very lonely. I usually went into the art room during lunch and study hall and worked on projects. I'm pretty much the same. Quiet and usually stick to myself. It's what I know.

6. What is the craziest thing you've ever done that you’re glad you did?
Sold all of my stuff and moved from Ohio to Alaska. It was the best road trip and camping experience I have ever had. The second is the road trip from Alaska to Minnesota. I love traveling. 

7. Do you ever talk to yourself? If so, share an example.
I talk to myself all the time. Especially when I get really mad. If I don't talk to myself and keep quiet, I'll just blow. It's sort of a calm down mechanism I've developed.

8. Share something you did that unexpectedly helped shape your life.
Getting enough courage to go to college finally after being out of school for 12 years. I've broken out of a shell that I was once in and have opened up to new experiences, new ideas, and finally being able to have intellectual conversations with other people outside of home life.

9. Do you follow a strict routine, or are you a free spirit? Are you somewhere in between?
I'm somewhat between the two. I do have my routines that I love, but I also like to do whatever I want as I see when I want to do it. I don't abide by anyone's rules but my own. 

10. Share something about yourself that you hope will inspire others.
You're never too old, too stupid, or unworthy of anything. I always thought very low of myself when I was growing up until I met someone who likes and loves me for who I am. I never thought I would ever go to college. I was almost content with having a minimum paying job and never having anything to call my own until I met Hubster and he told me I could do anything I wanted. I found out that I wasn't too old, and I'm definitely not too stupid, and I'm worthy of anything I have my heart set on. 

Now head on over to All The Weigh and link up with everyone else!

3 comments:

Mrs. Diva said...

Stopping by from FMM. My high school life sounds similar to yours. So glad high school is over!

Lisa said...

Dragging feet makes me crazy, too! My daughter does that & she's a dancer, for Pete's sake! She's supposed to be graceful!! Grr.

Your hubby sounds like a great guy!

Stopping in from FMM - hi!

Amy @ Delightfully Shrinking said...

Stopping by for FMM (a couple days late!). I can't believe you sold your stuff and moved to Alaska. That's crazy! Was it amazing? I thought my move from Virginia to Colorado was crazy. Yours takes the cake.

I did FMM, too! http://delightfullyshrinking.com/2013/02/friend-makin-monday-personal-quirks/

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com