Feb 13, 2013

The time I broke down in public

Yesterday, Hubster and I drove into St. Paul to go to the science museum.
Gunther von Hagens Body Worlds was showing there and I've wanted to go ever since I've heard of it. Hubster wasn't on board, but after looking at the website, he was ready to go. 
I wish I could have taken pictures, but there was staff all over the place and kicking people out that even had their cell phones in their hand. 
It was eerie walking in there. It was dark and had weird music playing.
The theme of the Body Worlds exhibit this time around was the cycle of life. I was not prepared for what I was about to see. 
The first exhibit was about babies. It showed the baby at 1 week all the way to full term. Walking through, I couldn't help but stop at the 20 week fetus. I teared up and had to walk past the exhibit. It wasn't until I found a corner that I actually cried. 
I publicly cried about my miscarriage. 
I have never once did that.
I've always cried in the privacy of the my bedroom, my shower, or downstairs while doing laundry. 
I felt like a fool, but I felt relieved at the same time. 
Hubster found me in the corner crying and after a few minutes I was back to myself and enjoying the rest of the exhibit. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com