Mar 6, 2013

Changes

I've been feeling the need to change for awhile and I've had some pretty good luck with it.
In November, I stopped smoking. Granted I tried to start up again a week later, but after choking to death and almost slamming my truck into a guard rail from the coughing spasm, I knew I wasn't going to smoke anymore.
Well I'm very proud of myself for not smoking anymore, but what have I turned to?
Food.
With that, I've gained eight pounds. Eight pounds might not be a lot, but when you're already overweight, that's eight more pounds you have to try to lose.

PCOS has made it extremely hard for me to lose weight.
I work out, and eat well and I don't see a change so I start eating again and stop working out.
Well since I've had so much success with not smoking, I figured I'd try the next step again.
To lose weight.

I've done a lot of research regarding diets that work well with women who suffer from PCOS and after looking at them all, I've decided to go Paleo.


What is the Paleo Diet? (according to Wiki)
The paleolithic diet (abbreviated paleo diet or paleodiet), also popularly referred to as the caveman dietStone Age dietand hunter-gatherer diet, is a modern nutritional plan based on the presumed ancient diet of wild plants and animals that various hominid species habitually consumed during the Paleolithic era—a period of about 2.5 million years which ended around 10,000 years ago with the development of agriculture and grain-based diets. 

So basically I'm not eating grains, legumes, or anything dairy. 
I'm even taking it a step further and eating organic food and staying away from as much processed items as possible.


It's only been four days since I've started and I'm still learning, but so far I'm loving the recipes I've found. 
I just need to start planning ahead so I can make the food ahead of time and freeze since I have such an awful schedule. 
Also, if you're on the Paleo Diet and can recommend some recipes or advice, feel free to contact me! 

1 comments:

Megan said...

Pinterest has some awesome paleo recipes.

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com