Apr 3, 2013

Prayers

Everyone, meet Mike.
He's 77 years old.
Retired aerospace engineer.
Loves to have fun.
Lover of guns.
Is stubborn as hell.
And he's my Grampa.

My grampa raised me in my younger years then I went to live with my mom and step-dad.
We are very close and I love it.
I can always count on him being there for me when I need an ear to listen to me, or there to cheer me up when I'm feeling a little blue.



The other day I got a voicemail from my aunt. Grampa was taken to the ICU because of internal bleeding. The doctor said he might not have very much longer to live.
I of course called my aunt right away and she started rambling off a bunch of different things.

I guess he's been having a lot of internal bleeding since last year. The bleeding got out of control and the doctors found ulcers in his esophagus and stomach. They did an esophageal banding on him yesterday and seemed to help the bleeding. He's also having fluid retention in the lining of his stomach. They pulled out three liters of fluid from his abdominal cavity yesterday and sending the fluid off for testing.



I am just sick to my stomach. I am tempted on hopping in my car and driving down to Ohio to be near him, but I can't rearrange my class schedule. My aunt said that he's fine for now, but don't know what the prognosis is. It's like my Gramma all over again last year. She was fine until one day, she wasn't and died.

Please send prayers, good thoughts, happy dances, fairy fingers, good luck dust, whatever it is that you do.
I don't know what I'm going to do if I lose him so soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com