May 22, 2013

Home sweet home

It used to be that I hated Ohio.
I left for a reason.
It wasn't until a few years ago that I realized I left because my mother made me leave.
She picked took us and drove from Ohio to Alaska to run from HER problems.
We were taught that Ohio is evil and nothing is there for us anymore.
I love the fact that I got to live in Alaska for almost 12 years, but I do miss Ohio.
I miss the family.
The things that I realized I missed, but didn't know until I came back.

For example:

  • The bullfrogs at night. 
  • My aunt's backyard on a hot summer day. 
  • Looking at the farms. 
  • Lightening bugs.
  • The smells while driving from town to town. 
  • Familiarity
I get really homesick after I leave Ohio. 
I miss that stuff. 
I crave it until next time. 

How can you beat this?


I've considered myself Alaskan for many, many years, but I'm just a simple country Ohioan. 
And I'm ok with that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!
I like to respond to them individually, so make sure your email is linked to your blog.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com