This was me after finals last Thursday.
I have officially passed all finals and will be going on to Semester 4 of nursing school.
This semester being the first of the nursing core classes has had me in more tears in the last 4 months than I have been in five years.
If it weren't for my awesome classmates, I wouldn't have been able to pass.
I thought for sure I was doomed after passing the last test before finals in my Foundations class.
I'm so ecstatic for my 3 week break and plan on being lazy.
Here's to hoping that happens!!
This was me after finals last Thursday.
And of course, in lovely bullet format. :)
- Minnesota drivers. If you are merging onto the freeway where everyone is doing 65+, use the fucking acceleration lane for it's intended purpose....to fucking get to the speed limit so we don't have to slam on our brakes while you mozy on in at a 40 MPH pace...assholes.
- Hotel guests...or wanna be guests. I live in Minneapolis. It's a huge city. Therefore, there are tons of things to do in the summer time, such as Mall of America, Minnesota Twins baseball games, car shows, fairs, conventions, etc. I can't help it that you thought you would take a spontaneous 8-hour trip from Chicago and not plan ahead where you are going to sleep. Don't get pissed off at me and call me a bitch when I tell you we are sold out. Plan better next time...assholes.
- Nursing program directors. Orientation was last week. We were supposed to receive our scrubs, our badge, a student handbook, and other various things. We did not receive one of those items. The handbook was not ready due to lazy lawyers, can't get our badge without scrubs, and can't get the scrubs because at last minute, the program directors decided to add a stupid patch, in which increases the cost of the scrub tops by $7. Yes, $7 to sew on a patch per scrub top...assholes.
- My apartment managers. Rent is increasing yet again which I think is bullshit. No added features, no bonuses, same ammenities...assholes.
- My car. Flo is turning into a piece of shit. Every month something else goes wrong and I have to put more money into it. First is was the fuel pump, then the alternator, then the battery, just recently the spark plugs, and I'm pretty sure I need a new starter now. I guess you can't trust your friend's husband that is a mechanic to even be honest with you about the car...asshole.
- All of the new people my assistant manager hired before quitting. They don't have a brain in their head. It is almost impossible to train them which is my lucky job now that I'm the assistant manager. Thanks a fucking lot...asshole.
I've been looking for a digital way of keeping track of everything and after turning to Twitter, Google Calendar won the vote.
So I set out to upload my whole first semester schedule into Google Calendar. When I finished, I saw this:
I'm completely overwhelmed right now!
So without further ado, here's 20 things about me that you might not have known.
- I'm the oldest of 4 children from my mother. I'm 31, my brother is 29, and I have younger twin sisters who are almost 26.
- I love everything Disney.
- I seem to get along with males better than females. I have female friends, but my real besties are all guys.
- When I was younger, I always wanted to be a nurse. I gave up on the dream when I reached 20-21 years old because life got in the way, but last year I made the decision to my dream a reality. I got accepted into the nursing program starting in August and so excited!
- I'm addicted to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest. Add me if you'd like! I love making new friends. :)
- I cannot stand the word MOIST! Blech!
- I am OBSESSED with wallets, purses, and Tumbler cups. My husband rolls his eyes at me every time we go to a store and I pass all of the purses/wallets. He's tired of all of my Tumbler cups as well.
- I love the theater. I haven't gone in years and need to make it happen!
- I'm addicted to tattoos. I'm currently working on a sleeve. It's going by slowly, but I'm getting there. My next tattoo will be for my niece and nephews.
- I have the worst temper! It's a weakness of mine and it's an every day battle to tame the bitch.
- I have Celiac's disease. I'm on an every day battle of trying to not upset my innerds.
- I grew up in Ohio, moved to Alaska and lived there for 12 years, then moved to Minnesota a few years ago. I'm not sure if I want to settle down in Minnesota or not...we'll see. I'm very nomadic.
- I have a weird obsession with T-Rex's.
- I love Sharpies.
- I have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
- I just got a promotion at work the other day. I'm a manager now! The general manager is nice enough to work around my school schedule and doesn't expect me to put in 40 hours which is nice. The assistant manager quit and the GM needs an extra set of hands until they find a perfect candidate...in the next year.
- My favorite thing to do is to draw a bubble bath, turn on my music, and drink a beer. It's where I go to reflect and de-stress on all of the day's crap.
- I am the most sarcastic person you'll ever meet. It WILL be the death of me.
I have been busy working my ass off, working on my Summer Bucket List, and trying to sleep. More importantly, I'm getting things together FOR NURSING SCHOOL!!!
I am so unbelievably excited to starting nursing school, but I want to fucking throw up all over the place just thinking about the hard work and knowing I'm going to want to pull out all of my hair.
I've had to get all of my immunizations, find an acceptable stethoscope, get all the other crap such as hemostats, scissors, analog watch, white shoes, CPR classes, ordering of the ugly school scrubs, etc.
Orientation is on Wednesday...I'm so nervous.
Other than all of that, things on the home front have been somewhat stressful. Been fighting with Aaron and it sucks. He thinks I'm up to funny stuff because I'm going to movies with friends, or meeting an old co-worker for coffee or dinner when he gets off work from his new job.
Aaron has met all of the people I hang out with and I don't know why after 12 years of knowing I have more male friends than female, he has a problem.
Lately he just wants to sit at home and play video games. I've invited him to coffee, dinner, and movies with friends from work, but he declines....every single time.
He has also said some extremely hurtful things the past few weeks. Especially after my cancer scare (more on that in another post). He just hasn't been supportive of me or anything I've done in a long time. I'm pretty lonely.
I think most of it has to do with being so disconnected. Aaron and I have been working opposite shifts for months now, only getting a day off together each week, and going to bed at different times. Hoping to get some time together and reconnect soon. I do miss him terribly.
Another bit of news is our assistant manager at my work quit and went to a different company. They offered me the job, but get this....THEY ONLY OFFERED ME A FUCKING DOLLAR RAISE.
Hell to the no.
I already do so much for the company and I'll be damned I'm going to get even more work and make a dollar more. Not when the old assistant was making 4k a month....Pft.
Anyway, I'll keep you all posted. I need to get some sleep after working over night shift. I'm so tired!!!!
Well May 16th was my brother-in-law's birthday and my father-in-law is in town vising from Anchorage, so we decided to hit up a baseball game.
We saw Minnesota Twins vs. Seattle Mariners.
I had a blast!
We took the light rail to downtown Minneapolis to Target Field and found our seats. They were really nice seats. Right behind first base so we got to see a lot of action.
This is what I wanted to do with all of my papers from this past semester.
I'm so glad school is out and I don't have to take anymore classes until this fall!!!
What am I going to do with myself?????
Here's some of my plans for this summer.
- Read 10 books. I've felt awful this past year because I've lost my hobby of reading. I have a few books that I've really wanted to read, but I need more suggestions. So suggest away!
- Go to a few movies. There are a few co-workers of mine that I get along with and have a lot in common. We've made plans to go see a few movies. Definitely seeing Godzilla in IMAX next week!!!
- Go to a Minnesota Twins game. I have lived in Minnesota going on two years in the end of June, and I haven't been to a baseball game yet. Football, yes, but no baseball.
- Go to a concert. I miss concerts from when I lived in Ohio. Alaska never had any good concerts, so now that I'm back in the Lower 48, I need music in my earholes.
- Sleep. I need to catch up on a year's worth of missed sleep.
- Clean my apartment. Enough said.
- Decorate my balcony. I bought some really neat lights to hang on my balcony and a cute table and chair set. It's where I plan on doing all of my reading.
You have no idea how much this means to me.
I've been gung-ho about school since January 18, 2013. I've gone non-stop.
May 12th is my last day of the semester and I'm taking this summer off...unlike last summer.
I found out that I was accepted into nursing school...but I'm number 17 on the wait list.
I hope 17 people don't respond or decide to go elsewhere or I'm stuck taking shitty classes until Spring semester.
I'm so proud of myself for sticking it out this long and finally getting an education I want.
I bitch a lot about not having any time to do anything, no hanging out with friends/family, no days off since I work full time as well, but I know it will all pay off in the end.
I don't think summer is ever going to arrive in Minnesota.
I hear it's warmer in Alaska and has been all winter which is a bunch of bullshit.
I'm moving back.
Damn global warming.
It's been so cold the past few weeks, it even snowed two days ago for a bit. It didn't stick, but it snowed!
I want to be bitching about being hot.
A plus side, my electric bill is really low because I'm not running the air conditioner yet.
I've been gluten free for a few months after being diagnosed with celiac disease and I feel awesome!
I'm not having daily nausea, my bowels are returning to normal (yet not 100%), my skin is clearing, and headaches are fading away. I can't believe I suffered for so long and the doctors never once thought to test me. I'm just glad I know what it is now so I can work on getting better.
Waiting for these ugly headaches to go away, blood pressure to lower, then it's back to the ellipitcal for me.
Shine bright Blogarinos :)
I'm taking my Grampa's death way too hard.
It's been almost two months and I'm still in denial that he's gone.
I still wait for his phone calls.
I missed his call to me on my birthday. He always called me the day before because he wanted to be the first to say "Happy birthday" to me.
My aunt has been sending me small packages, mostly pictures. I find myself crying uncontrollably while going through them. I have 3 boxes I still have not touched.
I don't have the energy.
It can make you do some crazy things.
Lately, I've been busting out in laughter, sometimes busting out in tears while taking a shower or watching a favorite television show of mine, or sometimes, just sitting quietly and reminiscing the good times.
March 6, 2014 I lost the most important man in my life. My grandfather died from a combination of liver failure and congestive heart failure.
I always knew the time was going to come, but it happened faster than the doctors had predicted. We had so many plans this summer.
He didn't get to hear that I was in fact accepted into nursing school last week, or was able to wait long enough for me to spend the summer with him since I didn't have any classes, or even able to say goodbye.
I'm going to miss our weekly conversations on my way to work from class, I'm going to miss the stories, the old man bitching, and hearing him say "Love you babygirl".
Miss you Grampa.
For long as I can remember, I've always been one of those people that take awhile in the bathroom. Also, whenever I ate something, I would feel really nauseous after a few hours.
A few years ago, it started getting worse. The doctors thought I had Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and told me to eat more fiber, take some Pepto Bismol when I got diarrhea, and I can take over the counter Emetrol for nausea.
I was tired of feeling like shit all of the time and having to buy Pepto Bismol every week, as well as the Emetrol, so I went back to the doctor and I had a few more tests done.
After having some tests done, the doctor concluded that I have Celiac disease. For those that are not familiar with Celiac disease, it is a condition that damages the lining of the small intestine and prevents it from absorbing parts of food that are important for staying healthy. The damage is due to a reaction to eating gluten, which is found in wheat, barley, rye, and possible oats (www.wikipedia.com). So essentially, my intestines are inflamed and I'm feeling like shit because of gluten.
So what does this mean?
I now have to learn to be gluten-free.
Now I love bread, pasta, beer and just about everything else that has gluten in it so I have been doing a ton of research on starting a gluten-free lifestyle.
Thankfully Pinterest has been a great resource as well as GlutenFree.com and some other friends that are gluten-free.
If you're following gluten-free, do you have any advice? What is your favorite recipe? All advice is welcome!!!
I've been dealing with some health issues, a completely full semester this time around, a busy and hectic work schedule, all the while dealing with other crap.
So here's the last month in bullets!!
- I've had some stomach issues going on for a few years now and I finally went to the doctor to get it looked at. I wasn't happy with the diagnosis, but that's for another time.
- I'm taking a full semester load because I love to torture myself I guess. I'm taking Anatomy and Physiology 2, Medical Terminology, Intro to Lit (to fulfil the stupid general elective portion of my general liberal arts portion), and Sociology. So yeah, I've been busy.
- I recently took my entrance exam for the nursing school program and scored decently. I then mailed out the application Saturday. I'm so nervous.
- I'm not going to be doing some over night shifts at work because a few people quit. It will work out in the end because I'll have more time to do homework since it's not that busy during the overnights. Plus, I get away from an awful co-worker that I can't stand working with. Yay!
- I've been doing extensive research on a new lifestyle that I'll be talking about at a later time. It has to do with my doctor appointment.
- I'm so sick and tired of the cold. It's been 50 degrees in Alaska, yet 35 below with the windchill in Minnesota. That's bullshit. Where's the hot weather so I can start bitching about it being hot again?
- I'm really tired of the drama back at home in Alaska regarding the death of Poppy. My husband's mother and aunts have been awful to each other and the will needs to be read so they can all go their separate ways. I'm so tired of being put in the middle and hearing all the fucking bullshit.
- I want to sleep. I want to sleep all.day.long.
Have a great week Blogarinos :)